16 December 2014

Christmas Time in the City

The tree is up! Decorations are out! I took a few photos before settling in and watching Elf last night, so here are some of those! I also figured what more perfect way to accompany these photos than with the Christmas Tag questions!






What is your favourite Christmas movie? I'm a sucker for all cheesy Christmas movies. I watch those Hallmark movies every year, even if they're sappy and ridiculous! However, I think my absolute favourite movie would be Elf, with The Santa Clause a veeeery close second.

Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning! I could never sleep on Christmas Eve as a kid, so my mum had to implement the rule of giving me permission to open up my stocking before everyone was awake. Otherwise I'd be jumping on beds, clanking pots and pans at 6:30 AM!

Do you have a favourite Christmas memory? Hmmm... I remember trying to stay awake all night to try and catch Santa. I passed out halfway through the night, but my mum had to stay awake and wait for me to fall asleep on the couch and somehow managed to get everything set up while I was sleeping! Kudos to her!

Favourite festive food? Christmas cookies! Those count, right? My aunt makes the most delicious shortbread cookies that I always eat too much of.

Favourite Christmas gift? That's hard. I don't think there's been a gift that I haven't liked (except maybe that year my secret santa in school got me a boy's t-shirt with a tonka truck on it). So I'll say this: I love gifts that are wrapped nicely or creatively. With bows and ribbons! The kind of stuff that shows you took the time and effort into it.

Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions? We usually just sit around watching Christmas movies, and sometimes we'll drive around at night listening to Christmas carols and looking at all the lights on the houses!

What tops your tree? A porcelain angel.

As a kid, what was one of the craziest things you always asked for but never received? I've asked for plenty, haha, but the craziest was probably when I wanted a unicorn.

What's the best thing about Christmas for you? It's almost an excuse to make spending time with your family and loved ones a priority. I know you shouldn't need one, but for so many people, they make work a priority over their loved ones. We all live such fast paced lives now, I just love sitting by the fireplace, with a brightly lit tree and a platter of Christmas treats and hot chocolate with my friends. I love baking with my mum and watching movies we've seen enough times to recite all the words. I love wrapping the presents, making sure the bows are perfect on each one. I love picking out the presents I think will be just right for each person, then seeing their faces as they open them. I don't know. I guess you could say I love everything about it.

I hope you all have a very jolly day!





No comments:

Post a Comment