28 January 2015

YAY OR NAY: Lancôme x Alber Elbaz Hypnôse Doll Eyes Mascara


In 2013, Lancôme collaborated with Alber Elbaz on a collection of eye makeup products. I know I'm completely late to the party, but I need to express my utter depression with this fact -- as well as the fact that I just finished off this entire tube of mascara. It's become a staple in my makeup bag, and I'm saddened you can no longer purchase it with this very same design.

My mum brought me home this mascara after a shopping trip down in the States, and I had pushed it to the end of the mascaras I already had to use up first. She had found it in the clearance section and bought it strictly because, "It was too cute not to."

Everyone who knows the first thing about marketing knows that products need to have an aesthetic. They need to look good, on top of performing what they are advertised to do. This mascara does both. It's packaging is adorable, making it stand out from the rest of the bland tubes laying out on the rack, and it also created somewhat of a "doll-lash" effect to your lashes.

They no longer sell the Alber Elbaz collections in stores, however you can still purchase this mascara (x). Elbaz didn't change much of Lancôme's palettes or the effects of its products, however he seemingly gave some life and flare the products he did release with them.

I normally don't spend over $10 on my mascara, which is possibly why I always felt they all did the same thing. Some were better than others, but none were ever extraordinary or made my eyes pop. I always just bought them when they were on sale at the drugstore, but this time I'll reconsider.

 Lancôme's Hypnôse Doll Eyes Mascara is most definitely going to stay a staple in my makeup bag.




I'm just so upset they're no longer in stores. Come on, Lancôme!

1 comment:

  1. I have the same one! I don't use it very often but I really like it though! ^^

    xo Charline

    http://charlinehasablog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete